Thursday, July 26, 2007

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart!

Newsboys - Something Beautiful
From the album Go

I wanna start it over
I wanna start again
I wanna a new beginning
One without an end
I feel it inside
Calling out to me
Chorus:
It’s a voice that whispers my name
It’s a kiss without any shame
Something beautiful
Like a song that stirs in my head
Singing love will take us where
Somethings beautiful
I’ve heard it in the silence
Seen it on a face
I’ve felt it in the long hour
Like a sweet embrace
I know this is true
It's calling out to me
Chorus
It’s the child on her wedding day
It’s the daddy that gives her away
Something beautiful
When we laugh so hard we cry
Oh the love between you and I
Something beautiful
That is a great upbeat NEWSBOYS song! Many times we forget to think about something beautiful...and let it show on our face! I have actually seen people who think Christianity is some...thing that sobers people and beats them down and keeps them afraid to play cards because somebody might see them and think they're playing poker. I say "actually" as if you haven't seen those people. But I think it's amazing that they could even THINK that because it's so untrue!!!!!! Even some movies nowadays. Like when somebody gets saved in a movie they instantly change into something that never smiles anymore. Or when some movies portray Jesus the guy looks like he's so much holier-than-thou and real mopey! Ha! I just laugh!!! It misleads people to see those movies! I mean, it even messes me up when I think, "Ok, is Jesus REALLY gonna be like THAT?" or, "I'm saved and I sure don't act like that guy! It's not right... is it?" No, it's not, I'll tell you that right now. On the radio I heard a thing about how some people think heaven is going to be boring. DOINK! My head pops up! The guy said how could heaven possibly be boring? God is the source of fun and happiness and making people want to have fun, not Satan! And if we walk around with those "holier-than-thou" attitudes how are we gonna make people want what we have? If you see somebody like that do you go, "Whoa! What have they got that I don't? I wanna be like them!" Heheh. No. Christians should be the joy of the earth!!!!!! Come on people, lighten up and show your joy!!! If you have Jesus you have it, why hide it under a bushel? God raise up a world of happy-go-lucky Christians!!!:P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Meggy I have to say that I don't like that song, but it does have good lyrics. :P Great thought (or thoughts) though... thanks for posting!
~Emy

Anonymous said...

you don't like that song?! i love it!!! okay my mom thinks it's stupid but I likey. ^_^

this was the last post I remember reading on here....

anywho, tell me when ya post again cuz I likey reading your posts cause they're GOOD! ^_^

Love ya,
Toria