Monday, May 7, 2007

I'm A Masterpiece!

I went to a retreat this weekend, and the focus of the whole thing was that we are God's masterpiece. When you look at the Mona Lisa everybody thinks of Leonardo da Vinci. When people see you, they should think of God.
But, the question for me was, "Do they?" When people look at me, do they see a work of God, or a thing that the Devil is using? Can they see the radiance of God in my face? Can they tell whether or not I'm saved by my actions? I can't tell you your answers to those questions. You have to deal with that.
Anyway, there were three sessions: The Price of a Masterpiece, All of My Best Friends Are Sinners!!!, and The Purest Place.
The Price of a Masterpiece was about how God has his signature on our life (like Leonardo da Vinci's!), but it comes at a great price. It also talked about how God individually designed each of us, so that no two are quite alike. Just think about that! God made you special, and unique! There isn't another one of you! God has a plan and a purpose for your life, which he reveal in his timing, not ours.
Another thing we talked about is how God is our Prince Charming. You know how in all the Fairy Tales, the Prince rescues the beautiful maiden, and they get married. But, God is our Prince! So many girls look to guys for the things that they think that they "need." But, God created those flowers for you, made that chocolate for you. And all that. But, God made it just for you! That guy might buy it for you, but God made it for you. That is more special than anything else. In a sense, God is your boyfriend.
Here are some scriptures that went with that session:
For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10

The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. John 10:10

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2

My thoughts are completely different from yours, and my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. Isaiah 55:8

If we have trusted Christ with our salvation, we can say with certainty, "I am completely forgiven and am fully pleasing to God. Romans 5:1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey God's Grace!
That is really cool... tho u told me about a lot of that already, there were still some new things... well anyway i enjoyed reading it... :D
thanks for sharing...
EMY